Sunday, June 1, 2008

What would I do without my MOM??!!!

What to do when your mom comes to town?
Here's what I got to do with my mom...I hope she will come back!!

First, my most talented mother whipped up this cute dress for Collin...

The first night of her stay, we got right to work and organized what was once the junk room and is now the CRAFT ROOM! The room is complete with a crafting table, fabric drawers, paper organizers, drawer full of embellishments, gift wrapping supplies, paint organizers, sewing tools, and much much more. Don't get too excited folks...this 'room' is only about a 7x7 closet...but I'll take it!

(the random 'Hess' sign is so Matthew can enjoy his craft room as much as I do!)

Friday morning we were off to our errands. I bought a new bed for Collin's room/guest room, along with other supplies to begin our craziness. With a new bed, came new bedding.
Of course all crafted by the MARVELOUS MAR!
(still need some pillows and wall decor)


This bedding began as curtains for my room but we decided to make a better home for it in Collin's room. Here is what 2 curtain panels will get you. The cutest duvet and the cutest crib bedding. Is it a little crazy that I've already gone through 2 different bedding sets with only one child who's only 1? I don't even care...I LOVE IT!!

We actually had a different fabric in mind for Collin's room. On Saturday our bathroom was re-painted so we needed a new shower curtain to match. Easy fix with Mar around and a bunch of fabric that we didn't know what to do with. We used the original bedding fabric and made a shower curtain and as well as a window curtain.

On top of all of these projects, we shopped till we dropped, sewed till we dozed, organized-organized-organized, and rearranged furniture about 10 times! I think I wore out my poor mother. Some might consider it a violation of some sort of Labor Law! I'm so excited about my new additions and can't wait for her to come back. I'm sure it will be a while so she can recover.

THANK YOU MOM...LOVE YOU!!!!

36 comments:

the cummard family said...

wow! your mom is amazing-truly. she is one of the most crafty people i know. and i'm sure she loved every second she was there with you...doing whatever!

Maosi Fam said...

you are so lucky! i wish i knew how to sew! ok Collins new little dress is adorable, love the guest bed (the blue in the bedding goes perfect with the blue in the headboard, and im DYING over the new shower curtain and window pannel!!! love it all love it all love it all!!!

we miss our litle Collin poo=(

Rachel Cunningham said...

You have the cutest taste...so hip and colorful. Send your mom to my house! She sounds like Superwoman.

Amy-Sue and Gian Del Bello said...

How lucky are you! The talent just flows in the blood, doesn't it??

Olive-us said...

You two gals are incredible!!! What a fun time you had! Everything is so darn cute! And I'm glad you finally get to use that blue head board of you've had for so long! Very nice!
Can we PLEASE play this week?

Kara said...

i love all the projects. glad you had fun with your mom. we just got back from ca today. i thought about you at disneyland and wished you were with us. next time, i hope.

Trisha said...

Love it all and I can't wait to see it all in person!

Lisa Harris said...

So much fun! I can't wait to see it all in person, hopefully this summer. I am thinking I may come with my girls the first of August. Eric will be in Guatemala for 10 days, so I'm thinking Disneyland and the beach with you and Collin.
Love it all.

Anonymous said...

Whatever the cutest dress, bedding, shower curtain and window curtain!! Love it all. I really can't comprehend how someone can sew all of that stuff and so fast! Amazing. You go Marianne.

ashcraft8 said...

What a talented mom you have. The apple didn't fall far from the tree. Job well done.

Wendy said...

Your Mom is a superstar! I swear knowing how to sew and being good at it makes your limit at creating endless. I'm super jealous. Someday I will, right?

Kara said...

this post is proof that you were TOO busy, i really wished i had my personal guide at d-land then again at the beach. you were seriously missed.

Abby Runyan said...

What the heck Meg, how freaking talented can you and your Momma get???? Seriously, spread the love and teach me. I loved it all and loved the bed post so cute!

Sarah Hull said...

Oh What a lucky gal you are to have a crafting mom! I am so in love with all of your recent projects! And that craft room is to die for! TOO fabulous! Collin's room is as darling as they come. I am in love with that fabric!

SUMMER said...

What in the world? Everything is SO amazing!!! I can't believe all the great stuff. Your house looks so cute. And I LOVE the new crib bedding!!! See you in a few hours and Collin and I's nap!!!!

biddles and scootch said...

I am so jealous!! I love it all....especially that headboard!! So so cute!

Braden and Jodee said...

Wow, that is so fun! I have major jealousy right now!

Titel Family said...

I love the colors of the rooms and itsn't it so fun to get new bed covers! Daniel always gives me a hard time about wanting to change things so much. How can you resist when there are so many cute fabrics out there!

Kerby Family said...

We all love Maryanne. There is nothing she can't do. Looks like a fun home makeover.

Amanda C said...

Way cute! I love that headboard and the little "hair" shadow box in the bath. It just left me wanting more though... maybe you should do a virtual tour of the whole casa?

Amy said...

Get outta here with that house-full of cute-ness!!!!

Juliette said...

What can I say? Amazing- I'm just glad we are family so you can teach me how to do stuff....one day. Anyway everything is beyond adorable- I love the bed and head board- nice work.

shell said...

you are one lucky girl. i actually need to quilt 2 sheets together. do you think she would do it for me? i'd totally pay her.

the waites said...

I love mom and daughter time. Anyways I especially like the curtain material. When do you go to Az?? Me and some girls are going to LA for the night wanna come?? The 28th-29th serious.

SUMMER said...

Hi! Come next week and we will go to the beach and Cherry on top! Sound good? And NO... I can't believe that Collin slept that long. Told you that you had a good little one! Not fair Megan... not fair.

A Rosie Family said...

Holy Moley! I am tired from just hearing about it.. but how FUN! Like mother, like daughter- Sooooo talented!

zuniga family said...

Can I hire your mom? I will pay her!!!

Abby Runyan said...

Oh my craper 27 comments. So I got your message, I can't find my cell phone so I've just been checking my messages so call my moms or leave another message with your number. We need to catch up, miss ya

Beth said...

i am in love with that dress! did she just come up with that on her own? you have a hip mom! i love organizing. need to do some more of it.

curg said...

just wanted to be #30

The Tyler's said...

I am in love with everything!! She is amazing...what's new?

Kim A said...

Wow, comment number 32, coming up! Well I just love all the fun things you and mary-ann-anaba made together...and LOVE the the turquoise bed frame! Count down...5 more days till our PARTY!!!!

Melissa said...

You and your mom need to come over and do my house next! Seriously!! I love it.

Natalie Hall said...

I am REALLY asking myself why you have both not opened up a boutique. Come on step it up with that talent you both have been blessed with. Miss Maryiann might have to make her students wait for a little while, while she is off on a new adventure.

Kippy said...

Get serious Mar! And you are a Mar-in-the-making. I am so in love with all of it, especially the shower curtain and window covering. And I really want to see this craft room. Miss you!

Braden and Jodee said...

I know I already posted... but I still can't get over my jealousy, so I had to say it again! JEALOUS!