Thursday, September 11, 2008

typical morning...

7:00- "Mommy, mommy!!!"
7:15- "Here's your milk Collin" to which she replies... "baby?" (and I take the doll out of the crib) "GUY" (and I take out the huge Ugly Doll which she somehow came up with the name guy and demands to sleep with him every night) "night, night?" (and I take out her blanket), "Poppy" (and I take out her pacifier). By this time she is ready to take her milk and get out of bed. Oh wait...but my hands are full of all of her bedtime accessories!
7:20-We head to the couch as she is trying to talk at the same time as she is drinking her milk saying "Show? or Boots?" Which usually means she's dying to watch Dora. (UGH!)
8:00-She's done with her milk, banana, and Dora and ready to move on to the next thing. I usually check my email during this time. As she sees me on the computer, her wheels start to turn and she devises her plan. She runs to me saying "Dress? Dress?" So we head to her room and usually find something like this...
8:15-My sassy little tutu wearing gal runs as fast as she can straight back to the computer and asks for "Popular" which is a YouTube Wicked appearance on the Today Show. It is my favorite 3 syllable word she has in her small vocabulary but sometimes it becomes a little whiny! This is what she looks like begging for 'Popular'!

21 comments:

Kara said...

it's so great when they decide on their own what they want, drew also demands his "night-night". i kind of love it.

Maosi Fam said...

ok tooo funny! i said in the other commented how cute she was yesterday...also Tiff was trying to gt her to say Popular but she kept saying shoes, making the noise a lamb and lion make, please...just about every word but the word we were telling her...she thought it was pretty funny! LOL Love her!

Trisha said...

Love that she calls for you instead of just crying (can't wait for that day). Love to hear her say popular and love her tutu! Hope I will be enjoying wicked with you!!!!

shell said...

rise and shine! dora forever.

Anonymous said...

Love the morning routine! Griff calls his blankie "night night" too. I want to hear her say popular! Too cute.

A Rosie Family said...

I love that tu-tu wearing girl! Porter was just telling me today that "He needs to play with Collin because we havn't seen her for a while". Im not so sure that is a good idea though.. it sounds like Phearson has rubbed off his, million things to bed ritual, onto that cute girl of yours! Can you imagine if thoes two ever got married!

SUMMER said...

That cute little Angel!

Amy said...

I love the morning Collin. She's adorable and the tutu just tops it all off!!!!

Rachael, Duke, and the Boss said...

I love hearing her say Popular.

the waites said...

wait that is the cutest ever! I of coarse googled to watch the Today show of Popular. Thanks for the hot tip. Love.

Anonymous said...

I love the Popular whiney face!! Love that girl! She just knows what's cool at such a young age. Way to teach her right!! How many more days???? ahahaha!!!

The Tyler's said...

I can still hear her saying "popular"...I love it! That is really the cutest thing ever. Her tutu is cute.I need one for Sadie.
Fun trip to P.S. I've never been but it always seems really fun.
Let's do dinner when you get here! I'm in for sure this time!

Beth said...

i love when kids get in their own little routine on their own. it makes me sad to think of mommies who miss out on it cause it is so adorable.

Kim A said...

I love that I can hear her saying all of those words....nothing beats her saying popular. June is next to me right now and was really excited to Collin on the computer! Can't wait to see you!

emily said...

You guys are so cute, LOve it!
Can you send me your email? I have a few questions my dear! It:s me, emily heap.
emolee99yahoo.com thx!

Olive-us said...

Love that girl and her fun routines!

Ash and Christian said...

It makes me sad she doesn't want to watch Yo Gabba Gabba in the morning. I recorded one episode after hearing about it from you and it's the been end of my life as I know it.

I'm looking up Popular right now

Kippy said...

i'm ready for the az update that i missed out on. :(

Anonymous said...

This has nothing to do with your post, but I just wanted to say that Kristen, Emma, Maggie, and I are selling our house and moving to California. Why you ask? Because, "WE SUCK AGAIN!" The Devils are horrible and the Trojans continue to dominate college football. So, we are moving, I am buring all my Devils gear and buying USC stuff ASAP. Are there any houses for sale near you below 1.5 million? Can Matt hire me to help him design some jeans? I know you can't wait for Kristen to come for her visit. I hope that you guys have so much fun!!! I wish that I was going. Woo Hoo, Go Trojans!!!!

Anne said...

Now that's a girl who knows what she wants! Enjoy having only one child to wait on hand and foot while you can!

Mary Postert said...

Megan, did you happen to get that email about the volleyball MHS reunion thing? If not, give me your email address and I'll forward it to you.