Sunday, April 19, 2009

from the mouth of babes.


well folks. it happened. embarrassing public comment by our 2 year old.
part of the glamour of matthew's job is going to 'laundry facilities' where each piece of denim is treated with a different wash and inspecting that they are suitable for your bod. the laundry facility is generally employed by hispanic men and women.
i was in arizona over the weekend for work so mr. mom had to take collin to work with him on saturday morning for a bit.
as matthew was 'doing his thing' collin decides to announce in a rather loud voice, "look dad. it's handy manny!"

12 comments:

Lisa Harris said...

The story still has me giggling reading it in print.
So fun to eat breakfast together yesterday. I've thought more than once about those cinnamon rolls, and have tried to forget the spinach omelet:)
miss you already.

Braden and Jodee said...

I don't think that is any more offensive than someone calling a fair skinned girl w/ dark hair Snow White ;) It's just what kids do!

Maosi Fam said...

omg! hilarious! when my bro scott was like 3 or 4 (i believe) he was outside with our neighbor (who was african american) and tried to "wipe the dirt off of the little boys skin" kids are too funny! and one time when cassidy was little i had her and rylee at the mall with me and we walked by this man who was smoking and cassidy looks up at him as we are walking and goss" jeez that smells bad hes going to die"! i was laughing but so embarrassed! haha gotta love kids=]

Krystal said...

That is too funny! I love how kids say exactly what they are thinking.
When are we going to see a picture of you and your cute belly? :)

Olive-us said...

Oh, I hope someday she says the same thing to Rob!!!!
Come to think of it, that would be a great Halloween costume idea for him.
Thank you, Collin.

Amanda C said...

I love it. She is too cute. And when are you going to post a belly pic? I was talking with Melissa Holloway the other day and she said that you are super cute! I believe it.

Trisha said...

don't let her watch mulan or pocahantas.

A Rosie Family said...

Too funny! I'm sure there will be more too.. you can't wait... I know!

The Lux Family said...

Hey Megan! I love reading you blog that Collin is too cute! Cant wait to meet her. Congrats on the new addition. So exciting! Tell Matthew hi! Hope to see you guys sooner than later

Kippy said...

still just has funny hearing it the second time! loved seeing you!!!

shell said...

wanna see a pic of you. you've had lots of fun lately. next time your in town i wanna get together with you and kip.

UsdailyReader said...

shut up! that is friggen classic. I was just about to do a "out of the mouth of babes post" but did one about b.spears instead. look for it in the next week or two!

kiks