I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE going to a fun BBQ. It is my favorite to just be outside with friends and family while eating good food. When we were looking for a place to live a few months ago, I was really hoping for a backyard. One, so my daughter could have some space to run around and two, so we could have fun BBQ's. Since we've moved in, I've asked Matthew if and when we are going to purchase our grill. He just kept blowing it off with no explanation. With this weekend being Memorial Day and while we have company in town, I thought it was the perfect opportunity.
So I ask, 'Matthew, there is a sale on grills, I think we should go get one.' He immediately says 'NO' so I politely ask for his reasoning. To which he replies... "We're not old enough."
Seriously? I'm not really sure what that means. The man will be 36 in a couple of weeks. Maybe he waited too long? Maybe he's too old? I'm not sure what the grilling requirements are but I thought it was a pretty funny cop-out.
ps....the grill was purchased last night. and I'm all smiles!






8 comments:
omg that is toooo funny!!!
I'm glad you finally post something about this. I've thought about that statement each time we have used our BBQ. You are never too old for a BBQ. I'm glad you finally got it!
Too old the reason we are where we are now is partly because we have a grill and your husband has quite a few years is so he clearly can't be too old but that is a hilarious story.
Hmm...don't know about him. If you have a back yard you need a grill! Hope you have a fantastic Memorial day. Grill it up!
Ahaha...
I need a backyard... and a bbq.
Our first purchase together after we got married was a B-B-Q grill. Some of my best memories growing up were watching my Dad at the B-B-Q. It's the only time he'd ever cook.
Glad to hear you got your grill! Enjoy :)
Im not sure where that guy comes up with some of his excuses! Too funny! I'm glad you went ahead and made the purchase and glad to hear that the first official B-B-Q was great! May there be MANY MANY more!
Post a Comment