Sunday, August 9, 2009

at last...

Blake Ellen Hess
August 6th 2009
8lbs. 4 oz.
19 inches
Where to begin the story of our adventure? Do I give the detailed report or just the highlights? We'll see what we end up with.

So it all began on Wednesday night when a big pregnant lady couldn't fall asleep because of the news that her doctor had given her a few hours earlier.

Basically, the instructions were to waste no time getting to the hospital at the first sign of labor because I was "ready to go"! I was rather anxious for the rest of the day. Around 2:00 am (11 days early), after about 2 hours of mild, yet consistent contractions, we made the decision to call in the troops for Collin, pack our bags, and head to Newport Beach for our 3 day vacation...or hospital stay!

Upon arrival we were greeted by friendly nurses who took great care of us (minus the nurse who took 4 attempts in getting my IV in my arm. UGH!)
Poor Matthew was SOOOO tired. He was ready for a nap the second we got there.

We were finally officially admitted around 6:30 am. It was a pretty long, slow night.
At 12:32 pm, we greeted our perfect baby girl. Who remained nameless for about the first 12 hours of her life.
Once I was a little more "with it" I instantly fell in love. So to be honest...it was love at about 3rd sight.
She was another big baby with a funny shaped head (Collin was 8lbs. 7 oz). I'm so glad she didn't wait until her due date....
And this girl was definitely in LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT!
And oh so happy to be back with her daddy!
I wish everyone could have their own personal Matthew when they give birth. He really is beyond the biggest help. Just what a dad should be. He helps me with everything I need as well as what the baby needs. I honestly didn't change Blake's diaper until her 3rd day of life. I was getting worried that she wasn't going to know who I was! He's a champ...so I guess it was okay that he was getting his rest before the main event!
Here he is at his "changing station". My favorite thing was every time he changed her diaper (which was a lot) he had this funny way of standing with one foot on the ground and the other toe pointed. A true dancer...
Just some more photos of our little gal...

Both nights I was there I had the same nurse/assistant combo. Every time I looked at the board, I thought I was reading my name...(which is Megan Rebecca)! Kind of funny.
Like I said, we had a wonderful 3 day vacation in beautiful Newport Beach. We had our perfect ocean view room complete with maid service, food service, and a personal assistant who waited on us hand and foot.
All in all, it was a great experience. My little Blake couldn't be more perfect. Seriously, I was so nervous for a second child. She has calmed my nerves and I have fallen in love all over again! However, I'm really, really wondering if there are any more kids in my future. You'll have to call me if you want the REAL story! ;)

35 comments:

Rachael, Duke, and the Boss said...

Meggie, she is the cutest. Congrats Mama!

Beth said...

congrats hess family! she is darling and i too love the name. that picture of your husband and collin laying the same is too cute.

biddles and scootch said...

congrats, she is beautiful and you look great. I can't wait to meet her. oh and I did get part of the REAL story via ryan to Trent. I just wish I was there to hold her my arms are aching for a sweet baby to hold!

ashcraft8 said...

So glad your home. I'll get the real story when I talk to you.

Karen said...

Congrats Megan! She's so cute, makes me want a girl next :) I was in Florida last week and thought of you because we pulled into a gas station to get something (no not cigarettes, gas!) and I looked up and the name of the station was the "Hess Express" ;) Have fun with that little baby!

Ash and Christian said...

You know I love the "birth story" posts. Love that she has a pink Nuk and is loving it. Loving that you don't have to worry about nursing this time. Love that you're getting some percocet over there.

Can't wait for the real story. You know I want every detail. I love that girl already.

Congrats Hess'!

Krystal said...

She is so beautiful!!!
I'm with you on the vacation part. I loved not having to clean anything and have food/drink brought to me whenever. We definitely deserve it after giving birth!
I heard that you had a little bit of a rough time. That's so crappy. I hope you recover quickly! Good luck with those two beautiful little girls!

Kelly said...

She is so CUTE! And I LOVE the NAME! That is Kristin's fav choice too! I remember talking about it when I got my hair done when you were there!! Love it! And you loos so cute after giving birth! Congrats to the proud papa too!

Katie said...

YAY Megan!! She is soooo cute! Love her chub! I can't believe they took so long to admit you! How horrible to have to wait that long. Reading your blog makes me SO much more anxious to have this baby!! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

haha Yes I want the ReAL ! Story. and i just want to snuggle with Blake sooo bad! so sweet

Kara said...

i love all the details, i want the real story too :) Congrats!!!!

The Peterson's said...

Congrats! She is cute! And I love how cute Collin is in those pictures. She will be a great big sis!

Julia Warren said...

I love the babe. Dying for details!

Trisha said...

love the post, you do look like a supermodel, even without a shower

Lisa Harris said...

I love it all, especially Matthy and his love for his girls! You looked wonderful. I wish you would have previewed the other pic I received on my phone. Hubbba hubba..
xoxo

the waites said...

Oh Matty he kills me! I love that diaper stance. Dont you love the spritzers?? That Hospital was fabuliso huh?? I swear you were pregenant for 5 seconds...Congrats to you and your family. Love the name! Cant wait to see her in real life. I want to hear the real story..you didnt try to go natural did you?? lots of love Megs!

SUMMER said...

I love Blake's chubbiness! She is SO adorable! I can't wait for her and August to meet. It will be fun with them being only a few days apart! Thank goodness they are both out. I am very happy to not be pregnant anymore! Love ya! Glad your labor went well!

Abby Runyan said...

I'm so glad you went with Blake, I love it. I love All the pics and the story, although I know the real story so I felt the pain too. I still havn't got a text so the big event still hasn't happend which makes me really nervous!!! Matthew needs to teach our hubbys lessons!!!! COngrats I'm so happy for you guys.

the cummard family said...

perfection.

Natalie Hall said...

I'm so dang happy for you and your completely adorable family!!! She is just perfect, what a doll. Having a new baby in the home brings the greatest spirit. Huge congrats to a lovely mother and Father.

The best is Mathew and his little raised foot, so funny, and way to capture such a cute moment.....

The Tyler's said...

I can't handle it! I love her! The birth story sounds perfect...I love hearing all birth stories. I am so getting baby hungry with all the babies being born but we are for sure on a good 3 year break. I'm nervous to hear the real story!!

Running with kids....it's about making the time now! said...

Congrats!
You all look so great, I am so happy for you. Enjoy your family.
It was great talking with you and hanging out with you.
Jessica

Kippy said...

i love this post if i didn't tell you already. i love the recap, the chubbiest cutest blake, the stance at the changing station, the sisterly love....all of it. i'm so happy for you. lots of love.

Anonymous said...

Megs, she's adorable! Love the chubs. Are you kidding with that view? Nice. Abb gave me a little hint of the real story. Why? Congrats again!! Props to Matthew for putting his best foot forward! Literally.

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

you have to post the REAL story...for those of us that dont know your number! Come on!!!!
She is sooooo cute. ALMOST makes me want to adopt...almost. LOVe the dance stance.
Is Ellen because you went to the Ellen show so many times?!
Congrats!
oh...and cute name!

Robin said...

She is sooo cute Megan. I hope you're feeling better. I know it was pretty rough. It was fun watching Collin, she's so sweet. I'll see you on Thursday with dinner. Call if you need anything..

Unknown said...

ADORABLE! Love the outfit, the cheeks and that sweet little face! You look amazing in that normal tee shirt. I'm hiding in my husband's button downs for two weeks after. I really loved looking at all those pictures and can't wait to go take another repeat look.

Juliette said...

The above comment is from juliette- who knew my Dady had an account.

Kizzycakes said...

i love it. she's such a cute-patootie. way to be on the blog post less than a week after birth. you seem to have it all together now :)!

Jerlyn said...

Congrats! She is absolutely adorable!

Ashly said...

congrats! she is so cute and chubby. LOVE the name too.good luck with being the mother of two! i promise it gets a lot easier once you get your schedule all figure out.

kiks said...

your birth story sounds a little too easy, so I look forward to hearing the gritty details in the near future.

Blake is darling to say the least! you guys make cute ladies!

congrats hess fam!

Lacee said...

Meg, she is absolutely beautiful. I can't wait to wee her in person. Congrats!!

matt sloan said...

She is adorable! Holy cow she would have been 10 lbs if she went another 11 days! How did you hide such a big baby in your tiny belly?! CONGRATS:)
-Angie

megan allen said...

Congrats! She is a beauty! I love her name!