My family says I'm picky...I like to call it particular.
So let's face it, "you are what you eat" right? What is your perspective of Vanilla?
Every time I go to get a little treat, which usually involves ice cream/frozen yogurt, I have the hardest time deciding what to get. There are a million flavors with the yogurt craze these days. I get my 4 little sample cups and go to town sampling. All to end up with one thing...VANILLA! My friend said to me the other night, "that's so boring. You would never strike me as a vanilla kind of girl.". So what exactly IS a Vanilla kind of girl?
I like to think of myself as a fairly outgoing person. However, the thought of public speaking makes me want to vomit. Vanilla.
I like to think of myself as a thrill seeker. One who LOVES a roller coaster or new adventure. However, the thought of camping in a tent in the middle of no where gives me anxiety and sweaty arm pits. Too many creepy people lurking around those places...not to mention the wildlife that could easily attack me. Also, I would probably never sky dive or bungee jump. The high diving board is scary enough for me. Vanilla.
I like to consider myself one who enjoys traveling. However, I get car sick and get beyond bored in the car. I don't mind flying but it doesn't mean I've traveled much. Never been to New York or Hawaii. And I've only traveled outside of the country to Mexico. Vanilla.
I like to consider myself one who likes to shop. However, it's very rare that you would find me just "hanging out" at the mall going from store to store. I typically just hit one or two stops and usually don't spend over $50 in one shopping trip. Vanilla.
I think I could keep going with this but I'm getting a little depressed! Let's talk about my everything kind of guy.
Matthew on the other hand, will NEVER order the same thing. He is always cocktailing the most random combinations. Whether it be Apple Tart Yogurt with Marshmallows and Cookie Dough bites, or Strawberry Cheesecake Yogurt with Gummy Bears and Reese Pieces, he is certainly the opposite of Vanilla.
So my question to you, my loyal listeners, does this mean I'm the boring one of the relationship?
And of course, What flavor are you?
And of course, What flavor are you?





21 comments:
I will gladly join your VANILLA club. I may add a few topping everyonce in awhile, but when it comes to frozen yogurt...vanilla it is! Here is my take on it...Vanilla (& those who like it) is classic, it is usually the one flavor that everyone likes - whether they pick it all the time or not, & usually no matter what you "throw on it", it still maintains its classic great taste (or can handle any challenge, adventure, etc). So NO I wouldn't say VANILLA is boring, it just may appear that way to the outside yogurt world!
I'm with you. Vanilla. I'm so boring, I always get the same thing at every place, don't want to screw up a good thing.
we could have been chatting at 4:30 this morning:) i think getting vanilla is more about wanting to be sure you are satisfied with your choice. other flavors taste good, but would they hit the spot after you ate a whole serving? maybe you would still be craving your favorite... you certainly don't fit in the boring category in my book!
Oh, my goodness, I am so glad you did a post about this. I have thought about your vanilla choice a few times this week and still continue to shake my head in disbelief. So this post helped to break it down. Maybe you are "Vanilla", but it is always sprinkled with sugar and spice!
Now little Miss. Hess, that had to of been the cutest post ever!!! You Vanilla, being boring, are you kidding me! You open your mind to us on this post, and it's so far away from being boring... You open your mouth and you have everyone rolling on the ground. You light up a room every time you enter Vanilla, is perfect. Sign me up for that flavor.
Not a post, more of an essay, thesis and all. You make me proud. I agree, VANILLA is a complex phenomenon, that you explained so well. You know the fact that I NEVER choose VANILLA. And am I boring? I think I would answer the opposite of you...absolutely YES! I guess that what makes us work so perfectly :)
All this vanilla talk makes me remember long ago when we had to stop for soft serve vanilla at epl! Oh matthew and his crazy mixes, we need to do a yl trip.
Great post, Meg. It's funny because I used to get vanilla everywhere. Remember our Goodie's trips - always vanilla with toppings. Now, I mix it up. But I still feel that I am pretty boring. I like your analysis of vanilla! Not boring at all. Like you. Not an ounce of boring when Meg is around! And those pics of your 2 girlies are adorable.
Vanilla is not boring. I agree with Sarah. You are sprinkled with sugar and spice.
I used to be a chocolate person but I think now I am a vanilla person because more toppings go with Vanilla, especially Vanilla tart. I liked this post!
AND YOU ARE SO NOT BORING!
You just made me giggle, so how could you possibly be boring? You are like Meg Ryan in "When Harry Met Sally"...you just like it the way you like it. I always get vanilla and only add one or two toppings. Always the same ones too--coconut, bananas and/or berries of some kind!
your concoction looks more like 7 layer bean dip than icecream.
Hi, I came across your blog through Laura Kirby. I hope you don't mine me leaving this post but I think you'll find this clip very funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8jzHOEHtes
At the end of the show they decided she was just afraid to make the wrong decision so she stuck with what she knew best.
Lisa, That would be Matthew's concoction! I forgot...you hate wordy posts!
Doug loves vanilla. Everytime he orders it and I question, vanilla? he reminds me that vanilla IS a flavor just like any other flavor. Knowing you and Doug, I know that vanilla is a great flavor and definitely not a bad choice!
Vanilla is so NOT boring but one of a kind, just like you are!
What a cute post by the way!!!
You are like me. You know what you like and you stick with it. You don't suffer from the "grass is always greener" other side of things. You are content with life as you know it. That's a good thing
you are so funny, and so not vanilla. I am vanilla. I love that you and matthew are opposites!
I especially loved this post! It makes me miss you dearly. YOu and Willie are BFF's Although I have become more a Vanillaer as I have aged. Its just safe and never a dissapointment. I am calling you when Im in California.
To me, it's the personality paradoxes make you all the more interesting & flavorful. You are far from vanilla and I love you for it!
Your friend in Yogurtland,
Strawberry Cheesecake
I am totally vanilla married to a more adventurous guy also! He will try any kind of sushi, loves crazy sneakers and doesn't always want his hair "done". I don't like to stray from what I know I like for fear I have ruined my opportunity to have something I like with something I don't like. Does that make sense? PS Aren't 2 girls the best! (I'm just a fellow Hess from a few states away that checks out your blog sometimes! It's so cute!)
Post a Comment