Last weekend we treated ourselves to a MUCH needed vacay. We left the kids at home and were off to a fun, adventurous, relaxing, funny weekend.
We dragged 2 of our favorites along with us to spice up the fun...
Matthew and I own a little time share. Worst decision of our married life thus far...but it does force us to get away...even if it's for just a little minute.
The funny thing about this little T.S. of ours is that they really try to make the place fun for the family. So when Matthew saw that there was a Ping Pong tournament at 8:30 in the morning, we were for sure the first ones to the table warming up while our pals enjoyed their beauty sleep.
Fortunately, Matthew has a few table skills and won
DRUM ROLL PLEASE....
1 Free Ice Cream Cone!
As if we weren't feeling sporty enough after the awesome tourney...
It was off to quad riding we went! Some memories I don't want to forget are
*random business just off the road
*awesome bathroom (see below) that of course I had to use twice! I'm still grossed out.
*funny 1985 instructional video viewed in a cave
*being stuck at the top of a mountain and not knowing how to get down
*enjoying the property to ourselves
"the cave" that kind of made us look really tan (or orange?)
sure did...
pretty hard core...
After a day of adventures and some pool time (for some), we cleaned up and headed out to a nice dinner.
Everywhere we go with these boys, it's girls in the back and boys up front.
I guess it just works better that way.
I just noticed the boyfriends holding hand in the background. cute.
If you didn't notice in the above picture, Matthew was feeling proud of his class...I mean championship ring that he won at a previous Palm Springs softball tournament. Maybe he thought he'd run into an old rival? Not sure...but he felt pretty fancy with that and his cool necklace.
And what would a Palm Springs trip be without a little late night gaming with treats and cokes?
All in all...it was a fantastic get away. I felt relaxed and rejuvenated.
I was so grateful to my friend Tiff who allowed me to enjoy my time and have no worries while we were away. The girls were spoiled with love at her house. We are so lucky to have the Ashcraft Crew!
And it sure was a sweet reunion when we got home!






11 comments:
I still have memories of our 90 minute presentation on time shares and your advice. It looks like you had a great vacation! Miss you.
Stop with that bathroom. Just stop.
Such a fun getaway! I'm pretty jealous you got to sit by a pool in the sun. I need warmth in my life! Really liking your hair these days. You are a good wife to get up early for a ping pong tourney. Seriously.
Gurl, you look GOOD!!! You both are super tan/super models!!!
What a fun, fun trip!!!
who are those bronzed babes? Yowza!
The pic of Matthy and the certificate is by far my fave. Next time rent those quads from the rec director.
such grown ups...time shares?? loved every single picture, felt like I was there. I love that your such a gamer:)
So glad you had fun!
So sad you had to use that potty!
U were right about your tan!
I honestly laughed out loud throughout this entire post. My hubby has the same, ahem, bathroom issues as you and when I showed him the picture of the bathroom he said, no way....there is no way I could ever use that.
And really, all they could muster is an ice cream cone? Hilarious.
What a FUN Get.A.Way!! Thanks for having us and thanks for a great weekend!
P.S. Missing my Mystic already
That bathroom looks disgusting. YOU look mahvelous. Matthew's various prizes and awards...hilarious.
Post a Comment