Sunday, March 30, 2008

Build A Better Burger!

Tonight was super fun. We were suppose to have the missionaries over for dinner and a few other friends. One of the friends fell through so we met a new couple at church today and had them come over for the party. We served mini turkey burgers and had an array of condiments. Once the missionaries left we decided to have a contest of who could build the best burger. The rules were that we could use anything that was on the table including foods that weren't necessarily considered condiments. We had to name the burger and sell it. **Side note...Kim Adam's sister Jenny has actually been a finalist in a Nationwide Build a Better Burger Contest I believe more than once. Maybe she could get a few tips from us...

Introducing Mike...
He was actually the creator of the contest. His final product..."Fire & Ice". The 'Fire' being the Jalapeno and the 'Ice' being the Cantaloupe accompanied by spinach, bacon, crunchy onions, and some fancy spreads.

Mike's lovely wife Kaila produced a great burger and named in Cornelius. I'm sad to say that I kind of can't remember what Cornelius had to offer? Kaila...I'm so sorry. I'm sure it tasted good?!

"Deuces Wild"...is what this guy produced. The deuce being the double meat and the 'Wild' being the jalapenos, the craisons, the pasta from the salad, the Sun Dried Tomato and Pesto spread. Now that's WILD!!!

"WHA, WHA, WHAAAAA!" I have a love/hate with contests like these. I love them because it's fun to see what everyone comes up with. I hate them because I feel so much pressure to be creative and can't ever quite master it! My burger was by far a total bust...thus the name! The presentation was horrible and it didn't even taste good. I should have recreated my original burger that I ate earlier...Southwest Surprise now that was delish!

On to the winners and new kids on the block! Bronson and Kasey outdid themselves.

Kasey created this masterpiece and called it 'The Leaning Tower of Peno'! How cute is that? Her presentation was remarkable!

And finally Bronson's everything burger including crackers, every spread, every topping, 2 patties, you name it, it was on it. AND...it looked pretty tasty! His selling point was that it included every food group in one sandwich. Everyone testing out their burgers...

I totally recommend this activity for your next party. TOTAL HIT!

7 comments:

Kim A said...

So you're great with kids AND incredibly creative! Maybe you could forward this to Picky Palate and see what she thinks about your burgers....and yes, she has been in that contest twice...wait maybe three times....two times for sure! I loved your teva comment regarding the camping trip, and you would've killed the jump/pose activity....do you not remember our SYTYCD photoshoot??

biddles and scootch said...

You are so funny....I need a lil fun over here, my life is so blaa. I need a lil megan fun!

Anonymous said...

That is so fun! I love it! OK, I'm hungry now!!!

SUMMER said...

Cutest idea EVER! We LOVE stuff like this and I love me a good burger! Looks like a BLAST!!! Oh.. and to answer your Q... my parents have a 2nd home out there. I wish Bryan and I did. Someday maybe.... a girl can dream right?

Lisa Harris said...

Well aren't you a fun host..
I bet the wa wa wa would have tasted better if the creator had a better attitude. Hmm??

Natalie Hall said...

Why are you the funnest lady around!!!!

Megan I want you to move on our street...

Love catching up on your life. And loved the post of your hubbys shoe obbsession, beautiful! Maybe he should do the challenge with Lisa and I...

See it Try it Love it said...

How much fun, you guys always do the neatest things. We are so boring.