Tuesday, April 7, 2009

design on a dime...

Here's the beginning of my 'design on a dime' weekend.
Now I know that you are jealous of my top of the line mini blinds but please try to contain yourselves. I just had to find something to compliment them. And that I did!
project #1...curtains for the kitchen:
project #2...6 dining chairs:
I wish I took a picture of the 'before'. These chairs were just your standard boring wood with tan seat cushions. The label under the chair said they were from 1974. Not my dream chairs but will for sure due for now.
On a funny note, I was browsing my friend's blog and noticed she had a very similar recent find.
More projects pics to come....

13 comments:

Maury said...

Good, cute finds Megan. I, too, am in the middle of home improvements (yes, I realize I moved a year ago, but I had a baby.. then I had to recover from that) so I am really enjoying seeing all your progress. I want to see more!

Kippy said...

so far you have not let me down. i love the blue in the curtain material. i long for more blue in my house. can't wait to see all of it!

Sarah Hull said...

So fabulous! I am just loving these projects! The fabric is fantastic. Keep the pictures coming!

See it Try it Love it said...

Those are all so cute, I LOVE the chairs. We went to the Roscoes on Sunset. Glad to hear you love El Torito I am so jealous you can go whenever you want.

Anonymous said...

Very Cute meggie!

Julia Warren said...

Very cute. I want to come see it all in person...now!

The Tyler's said...

You are inspiring me to do some fun projects like that but then I remember I don't sew....suck!

Maosi Fam said...

love lvoe love the fabric you put above your window! so cute!

ps-thanks for the encouraging words=]

A Rosie Family said...

So fun, so cute! Can't wait for more.

UsdailyReader said...

my, how crafty you are. my aunt has thoses same chairs and I'm going to show her this for a little inspiration. cute

kristi

Kim A said...

Love them both...I cant' wait to see your complete dining set...and your house! Great curtains!

Kizzycakes said...

so totally cute! love the fab.

SUMMER said...

I really need to spruce up my house! Can your mom fly down and help me with some projects? Love the new place... it's even better in person! xo