Oh how I love going to the Vally of the Sun. The girls and I set out for the desert early Wednesday morning. It was a perfect drive. I was so nervous to travel with my crazy baby but thankfully she was a dream come true.
It was fun to meet up with friends who unfortunately didn't all get photographed. However, we did manage to snap a few shots to remember the fun.
2nd Generation BFF's~Lyndi Sue and Blake-a-Roo
1st Generation BFF's~Kip and Meg

The Farm:It's always a joy to go out to Grandpa's house (or as Collin calls it, "Grandpa's Farm")
We were lucky enough to meet one of his newest members of the farm family while we were there. Collin was thrilled!


Collin couldn't get enough of the quad.
And Blake was pretty fond of it as well.
The Cabin:
Friday, Matthew flew into town and after making a stop at 'the farm' we were off to escape the heat. We headed up to my dad's cabin to spend the weekend. It was so fun to be with family. I miss living so close to them.
First night there we ate at an awesome local hot spot called The Red Onion. Although the wait was long, the food was pretty tasty!


I have such fond memories of going to the cabin and piling in the back of my dad's truck to go 'look for elk'. Sometimes we see them, sometimes we don't but the most important part is the fun that we all have as a family.

We hiked
We took risks (Matthew wasn't looking while this was happening...he would not have approved)
We found cool photo opps.


And of course we relaxed.
The Softball:
Every Memorial Day Weekend there is a huge softball tournament up in the mountains near our cabin. Matthew used to play in this tournament every year but due to our distance and child bearing, we haven't been in about 4 years. It is something that he loves and I'll admit, I enjoy it too. It's full of great friends, beautiful weather, and fun entertainment. Thankfully the trip was worth it as Matthew's team came out as big winners. So another softball shirt, hat and bat bag to add to the collection. WoooHooo!










7 comments:
Sounds like fun! Why don't I look like that when I hike?!
Cute family! Looks like your having a fun summer.
So cute and so fun! I gotta talk to you about that az drive. I need some tips.
I love everything about your trip--except me being out of town while you were here.
Matthew's face is pure bliss in his softball gear. Never met someone so passionate about organized sports.
So happy you had a great time.
and..remember you can cancel my trip to you up until the day.
Looks like the funnest weekend. So fun to see you. Love ya
did you have to post my man face twice?? oh well, at least we have a picture of us not in 10th grade right? i loved seeing you and letting the gals play. hopefully next week too!!!!!
So fun. We just got back from Show Low. I love going up to the mountains. I've always wanted to stop at the Red Onion! Now I will have to since I know it's good. Glad you had a fun visit!!
Post a Comment